Wednesday, May 19, 2010

On Balancing Acts.

For an explanation as to the incoherence of this entry, please see the time stamp.

I've been having a great deal of difficultly keeping up lately. Between Tristin's increasing clinginess (I'm not sure if it's his teeth or the possibility that he senses my impending [I hope] return to work) and his Dad's increasing work hours, I can't get everything done in the day that I'd like. An ideal day is about 3 hours of housework, including laundry, about 1 hour of exercise (walking, swimming, even playing at the park), about 3 hours of food prep/eating (because Tristin will NOT eat unless I am sitting at the table with him, also eating), 90 minutes of bedtime routine, 2 hours driving, and 2 hours actually getting errands done. Unfortunately, not everything GETS done, because I only have enough energy and drive to accomplish approximately one hour of housework, one hour of food-related activity, and a maximum of two hours - including drive time - outside of the house. I'm just so freakin' tired. And the crappiest part is I will continue to BE tired until my son can just learn to eat... still nursing 8-10 times/day, and while I always wanted to continue breastfeeding until 2 years, I didn't envision it quite like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment