Tuesday, April 20, 2010

On Baptisms and Birthdays.

So, the baptism has come and gone, and it was fabulous. Well, except for my forgetting to put batteries in the camera, so I am waiting oh-so-patiently for somebody, anybody, else to post some on facebook so that I can steal them.

I stayed up until two o'clock the night before, finishing up those little last-minute things like scrubbing the floors by hand (stupid cheap laminate flooring) and putting away toys. But the house was actually clean when I left for Mass, so I was satisfied. (Wess then proceeded to leave doors open that should have been closed, since the closets were quite beyond my powers of redemption, but that's another matter.) We went to Mass; we had a little break between Mass and the Baptism; everybody who needed to be there showed up; the ceremony was lovely; my son was anointed with chrism and welcomed into the Holy Catholic Church. My goal for the day was accomplished.

Then we had a party at my house! My stepmum catered it for me, which was amazing since basically all I had the energy to do after a marathon of cleaning and moving furniture (note: kitchen tables, even cheaply made kitchen tables, require a minimum of two people to move upstairs) was sit and eat! She made some fabulous little sandwichy things, brownies, poppyseed cake, cookies, and all kinds of great finger food. I had a wonderful time, and so did Wess (or at least, he was being a darned good sport about the whole thing). All in all, the day was awesome.

Next up: Birthday party, T-minus 12 days and counting (since his birthday is on a Thursday this year, we're having the party a bit early because weekends just work better all around). Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment