Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On Being a Single Mum

Well, I figured I'd give it a week before writing this post. Didn't want to write from a place of anger, since doing that in a public forum doesn't really do anybody any favours... especially not when the possibility of a full-blown custody battle still looms. It doesn't look as though it will come down to that, though; we've both gotten a great deal more civilized as time has marched on from d-day. But yes, I am now a single mum. It's been a very long time coming to this point; I don't think either of us are really surprised (at least, I most certainly wasn't, and if he was, then he's even less observant than most men), but it's still going to be a long adjustment period. Not least because I have nowhere to live at present; I will be staying with various and assorted friends and family over the course of the next few months as I attempt to secure employment and rebuild my finances, but even if I were to land the perfect job tomorrow, and have childcare handed to me on a platter, it would still take literally 2-3 months before I'm in any kind of shape to strike out on my own again. But at least things are getting moving in the right direction; Once everything is said and done with, I think this will be the best move. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely wishing you luck here, and wishing I were closer and could help in some way. I'm sorry it came to this for you guys, but it does sound like it was/will be for the best in the long term. I'm glad that things have gotten better between you two and that it won't come to a custody battle; that's certainly the last thing you need right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you love!! LOVE and more LOVE!! <3 xoxox

    ReplyDelete