Tuesday, February 16, 2010

On Babywearing.

I love babywearing. I have a Maman Kangarou stretchy wrap, which Tristin has almost-but-not-quite outgrown, and a Kelty backpack which we've just started wearing (although, to my chagrin, one of the buckles cracked after being slammed in the door, so we need to buy a new one). The wrap is awesome because it takes up literally no space; I can actually put it on before we get in the car, saving trunk space by leaving the stroller behind. And the Kelty, while it does take up a bit of room, is amazing because I can literally carry my chunky monkey in it ALL DAY LONG. It's incredible! Carrying my baby, instead of pushing him around in the stroller, helps me feel closer to him; I love being able to carry him, ESPECIALLY in the wrap. He hasn't fallen asleep in it in a long time, since he's way too big for a cradle carry, but it still settles him when he's being grumpy, so I think he loves it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment