Thursday, February 18, 2010

On Travelling.

In just a few more weeks, Tristin, Wess and I will be going to Mexico. I am very excited about this, mixed with just a little bit of trepidation. Tristin and I have travelled together before; we've taken road trips to Cold Lake, Calgary, and even Colorado. But this will be the first time he's ever been on an airplane, and our first trip with Wess. It's my first trip to Latin America, and I'm also moderately anxious/nervous on that front: I speak no Spanish, and I detest temperatures in excess of 25 degrees Celsius.

(Aside: So WHY am I going to Mexico? I won airfare from AMA Travel to "Anywhere Air Canada Vacations flies!" Which was a slightly misleading wording to the contest, as I later discovered that I could only choose from their Mexican/Carribean destinations. However, I would like to point out: FREE AIR FARE. Not complaining. I chose Mexico because it's the only place that I had reliable information on in terms of accomodations etc.)

At any rate, it's going to be a great time - mostly because I'm determined that it will be great. And hey, if it worked on my LAST vacation (in which I threw my back out in my own driveway loading the car for the start of the trip - the car which later died in the middle of Wyoming), it will darned well work on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment